Listing to Starboard

Are you an Obsessive List Maker? Symptoms for OLMs include walking into the local shops and forgetting what you've come for (can't live without a shopping list), staring stupidly at an open pantry and having no idea what to cook (can't live without a menu plan), sitting down to work on your manuscripts then after answering a zillion emails wondering what you're supposed to be writing about (need a work schedule). Sound familiar?

I'm nothing without my calendar and lists to remind me of when my next free moment is to take a breath. They keep me sailing on an even keel and only really cause upset when I fail to complete them (over ballast my boat).

But apart from structuring our day to day existence a little better, lists can also be a springboard to more exciting prospects, memories, ideas, stories...Now we're getting into Flow Chart territory but more on that another day.

I am fond of "Top Lists". Top Fives for instance can be used to provoke thoughts and memories, spark conversations and discussion. Each month I'll try suggest a Top Five Topic (will have to add that to my To Do List) Nothing too difficult or fancy, but I encourage you to make your list, think about why you chose those things and you never know, an idea for a story may be lurking just below the waters ready to be netted.

This month's Top Five Topic ~ Name your Top Five Most Memorable Breakfasts. They may be special because of the location, whom you were with, what you ate, the occasion they marked etc. Good luck listing!

Popular posts from this blog

Review: My Shadow Is Pink

Review: The Goldfish Boy

Christmas Countdown Day 3 - The Grandest Bookshop in the World