5 More Things I Should Have Realised By Now

With little time to deliver a sensible, insightful, useful or otherwise entertaining post, these REALISATIONS grow ever more ostensible.

1. Glitter is harder to vacuum up than you'd think. My vacuum just tends to move it around the house. So if you don't mind your floors looking like a fairy has thrown up all over them, repeatedly, confine all glitter activity to the great outdoors.

2. School Holidays are not a good time to complete your next best seller. In fact abandon all hope of completing anything during this enforced hiatus.

3. I need a new vacuum.

4. There is no finite number of times you can ask your significant other (aka common old husband) to do something. Better to stick a post it note bearing request to his forehead. He will act on it, eventually, when he feels like it or when somebody else politely points out he has a post it note stuck to his forehead.

5. Children under the age of four really do mean it when they say they love you. Anything beyond that should be treated with some degree of suspicion.

Comments

Great post - I kinda like the idea of fairy vomit on my floors, my house could do with some sparkle!

I've learned: ask hubby to do it, wait appropriate amount of time so as not to question his manhood, then hire a professional.
And: I'm better at inspiring others to write, than I am at inspiring myself.

Wagging Tales - Blog for Writers
DimbutNice said…
You are a great inspireer?! LOL re; hubby...yes perhaps I should just go out and get that Dyson Vac. I'm working on posting something more useful in weeks to follow but then I find humour extremely useful. Hard to get through the day without it :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: My Shadow Is Pink

Review: The Goldfish Boy

Christmas Countdown Day 3 - The Grandest Bookshop in the World